Sweet potatoes are starchy tubers. They have less inflammatory qualities than other types of potatoes and are a great option for carbohydrate with your meals.
These sweet potato fries are Whole30 Compliant and super-simple to make.
Sweet Potato Fries
- 2-3 Sweet Potatoes, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 Degrees.
- Peel potatoes dry (wetting sweet potatoes before peeling makes the skin soggy and harder to peel) and then rinse.
- Cut sweet potatoes into strips shaped like fries (view the pictures to see how I cut them to get the most consistent size)
- Place sweet potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- Mix dry seasonings (salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika) in a small bowl.
- Sift dry seasonings across sweet potato fries.
- Pour Avocado Oil across sweet potato fries.
- Mix around until seasonings and oils are equally covering the sweet potato fries.
- Spread across a baking sheet and try to get as much space between the fries as possible.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, check one of the thickest fries you can find to assess if they have finished cooking. Add additional time as needed.