So you don't like Broccoli. Or vegetables. Or green things for that matter. But bacon? You LOVE bacon. This side is the perfect snack for people who 1. Love bacon or 2. Are looking for ways to get their greens in. It's also a great option for a snack food replacement!
Recipe adapted from a portion of the "Crispy Loaded Potato Skins" recipe on www.paleorunningmomma.com.
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons rendered bacon fat (fat left in pan after cooking bacon)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop broccoli into small pieces, mostly just the top florets.
- Rinse broccoli in colander and lay out on paper towel to dry.
- Measure 3 tablespoons of rendered bacon fat into a small bowl. (I prefer fat that has just been cooked out of bacon, but if you don't have time to cook bacon, use some you already have saved. If using saved bacon, heat in the microwave until liquid again.)
- Put broccoli in a bowl and pour bacon fat over it, tossing the broccoli to make sure every piece is coated.
- Spread broccoli out on baking sheet, making sure they are not touching as much as possible.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, or until broccoli is soft/crisp/browning.
- Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.