If you're trying to eat healthy and tend to have a sweet tooth, these little guys might just save your life... I know they save mine! It's basically like eating cartelized bacon... and who wouldn't want to do that?!
This treat is a great replacement for when you're needing a sugar fix.
Bacon Wrapped Dates
- 5 medjool dates pitted
- 4 pieces of uncured bacon
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees.
- Cut dates into 3 sections, removing the pits as you go.
- Cut bacon strips into 4 sections.
- Wrap each date piece with one bacon piece and secure with a toothpick.
- Cover baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place each bacon wrapped date on baking sheet, spreading them out.
- Place in the oven for 13 minutes.
- Remove and flip each bacon wrapped date over.
- Return to the oven for another 10-13 minutes until crispy and wonderful.