The slow cooker is excellent for busy lives. This recipe is super-simple, and creates a great, clean meal. You can vary the roast size, and with it, consider changing the amount of potato to equal the roast. So if the roast is 2 pounds, only use 2 pounds of potatoes instead of 3.
Beef Pot Roast
- 3 pound Beef Chuck Roast
- 3 Pounds Russet Potatoes
- 1 Pound Baby Carrots
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Cups Beef Stock
- 3 Ounces Tomato Paste (1/2 can)
- Lay roast in the bottom of the slow cooker. Trim fat if desired.
- Cut potatoes into one-inch cubes and lay over the roast
- Lay carrots next.
- Slice onion, separate, and lay next.
- Measure 1 cup of Beef Stock.
- Mix tomato paste into beef stock. The mixture will thicken as the tomato paste blends into the stock.
- Once mixed, add 1 cup of Beef Stock to mixture.
- Pour mixture over the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Place lid on the slow cooker
- Cook for 6-8 hours on LOW or 4-5 hours on HIGH