It's been raining for the past few days in Texas, so obviously we need a soup recipe. Never mind the fact that it's still in the 80s to 90s... Rain means soup!
Chicken Pot Pie has always been one of the most requested meal for birthday celebrations in the Mueller household. So when I found this recipe, you could say I was a little bit excited. It's a healthy take on a family tradition, and I love it! It's also a great source of healthy carbs, which is great for those of us who workout a lot!
- 1 lb. chopped yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 pounds cooked chicken chopped (I boil it)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or ghee
- 1 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 lb diced yukon gold potatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen french green beans
- 1 tsp salt
For potato base: In a pot, combine potatoes with the 1 cup of water. Cover and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once cooked, turn heat off, add almond milk, and blend using an immersion blender. Leave it in the pan while you make the soup.
For Soup: In a large pot, combine garlic, avocado oil or ghee, carrots, celery, green onions and potatoes. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
Add 3 cups of water, thyme, rosemary, green beans, and salt. Cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
Add the potato base to the soup, stir in chicken and cook for 10 more minutes uncovered.
Serve and enjoy!
*Recipe adapted from a recipe on www.jaysbakingmecrazy.com