Week 3 is here and we're still going strong! Here are a few more of my favorite recipes.
Breakfast: Oats and Fruit
- 1 cup Steal Cut Oats
- 1 cup Almond Milk (We use Malk brand from Central Market)
- Strawberries (or any fruit you like)
Cook oats according to instructions on packaging. (If no instructions: Heat almond milk in a pot over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until hot. Add oats and stir. Let cook for another 5 minutes or so and then serve.)
Add cut up fruit of your choosing.
Lunch/Dinner: Chicken Bacon Potato Ranch Salad
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts
- 4 pieces Pederson's Farms Bacon (We got ours at Central Market)
- 1 1/2 lbs small Red Skinned Potatoes (scrubbed)
- 1/2 cup Mayo (We use Primal Kitchen Mayo that they are selling at Costco right now)
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika or Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried Dill
- 3/4 tsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Boil chicken in a pot with water for 15-20 minutes until cooked all the way. Once finished, remove from water to cool. Once cool, shred chicken.
Boil potatoes in a pot with a dash of salt for about 20 minutes or until fork tender (they should be soft, but not so soft that they’re falling apart). Drain the potatoes and chill them in the fridge until at least room temp. Once room temp, cut potatoes into bite size pieces.
Cook Bacon in a skillet and remove from pan when finished. Place on a paper towel to cool. Once cooled, crumble into pieces.
Prepare the ranch by whisking together mayo, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, dill, lemon juice, and salt.
Add all ingredients into a big bowl and mix.
Bonus: I prefer my potato salad hot, so I heated it up before eating!
Also Bonus: In my opinion, this one actually got better the longer it sat. So enjoy it immediately, then enjoy it again the next day!
Recipe adapted from one originally posted on www.paleorunningmomma.com
Snack: Wilson's Famous Popcorn
- 2 tbsp Avocado or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Orville Redenbacher's Popping Corn
- Salt to taste (We use Pink Himalayan)
- Heat oil on medium high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in popping corn and wait until it stops popping.
- Pour popcorn into bowl and add salt.
- Enjoy with a good RomCom, Braves game, or Big Brother episode.
Snack: Wilson's Pork Belly Bites
- Pork Belly
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut pork belly strips into even squares and spread evenly on foiled pan and sprinkle generously with salt, pepper and parsley.
Bake 25-30 minutes on one side, depending on thickness.
Remove from oven, flip over and sprinkle with more salt, pepper and parsley.
Bake another 20-25 minutes.
*Goes well in Tupperware to take as a snack or to eat as a breakfast meat. HIGH in fat and protein, so don't pig out. ;)