Condiments are tricky. They often contain red-flag ingredients. Red-flag ingredients are those we need to remove as soon as possible. Those include sugar, vegetable oils, artificial preservatives, and Omega-6 fats.
Mayonnaise happens to include vegetable oils and Omega-6 fats. But guess what? It is REALLY EASY to make a better version with monounsaturated fats and real ingredients.
The only significant thing you need is an Immersion blender. You can get one for about $35 (click here to get one just like mine. It's awesome). If you are trying to eat clean, you will use it quite a bit for other better condiments.
Below is a gallery you can swipe right to see the step-by-step process described in the Instructions below.
Better Mayonnaise Recipe
- 2 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Cup Avocado Oil
- Use a wide-mouth 1.5 pint mason jar.
- Put two eggs in the bottom.
- Measure and add Dijon.
- Measure and add Lemon Juice.
- Measure and add Avocado Oil.
- Insert immersion blender slowly until it contacts the bottom of the jar.
- Set blender to highest speed.
- Begin blending and remain at the bottom of the jar until the oil begins emulsifying (getting thicker as oil blends together).
- Once emulsification begins, slowly raise the blender through the remaining mixture. Take about 30 seconds to go from the bottom to the top.
- Once the blender is to the top again, push it back down to the bottom and repeat the ascending process. Do this until all oil is visibly blended together.
- Place lid on the jar and refridgerate. It will keep for about one week.