If you've been reading the food blog for a while, you already know how much we love Mexican food around here. This is one of my mom's staples when we have a fiesta! It's simple, has relatively few ingredients and is delicious!
- 1 can of Corn (drained)
- 1 can of Black Beans (drained)
- 1-2 fresh Tomatoes, diced
- 1 fresh Jalapeño, finely diced
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Red or Green Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Cracked Black Pepper
- Freshly squeezed Lemon or Lime juice
Drain excess liquid from corn and beans.
Dice tomatoes and jalapeño.
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Adjust seasonings to taste preferences.
Let sit in the refrigerator for a few hours to allow flavors to mix without getting mushy.
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!