I love chicken and eat it almost daily, but often run out of ways to spice it up from week to week. It doesn't help that I'm the queen of making over-dry chicken.
This recipe helps add some flavor, while keeping your chicken nice and moist! Plus, it's THE easiest recipe EVER! I use it for shredded chicken tacos or as chicken on a salad.
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (or whatever type of chicken you prefer)
- 1 jar of Salsa (I prefer Joe T Garcia's Medium Salsa)
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot.
- Pour 1 jar of salsa over top of the chicken, making sure it's all covered.
- Set crockpot on High for 4 hours.
- Live your life.
- Check the chicken at about 3.5 hours to see if it's done. (You'll know it's done when you can easily pull it apart with two forks.) If not, let it cook for the remaining 30 minutes.
- Shred the chicken and you're good to go!
- Enjoy wonderfully moist and flavorful chicken!