When I first started trying to eat a more Paleo diet, I didn't understand why almost EVERY food blogger I followed would post about eating some form of a hash almost every day. Now I understand. A hash is one of the easiest ways to combine any and everything that you love into one meal. And it's an easy way to get a wide variety of vegetables into one meal. AND it's an easy way to eat all real ingredients!
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 cup chopped Carrots
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp dried Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 small package of frozen Peas*
- Sweet Potato Bites (recipe here)
*Apparently a lot of you don't like peas. I got a number of "GROSS! Peas!" responses when I posted this on my Instagram. You can in fact omit the peas from this recipe if you don't like them...
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef and chopped carrots. Cook until the carrots are soft, about 12-15 minutes.
- Once the carrots are soft, add all seasonings and mix. Remove from heat.
- Follow instructions on package to heat the peas.
- Add sweet potato bites, ground beef and carrots, and peas to a bowl and enjoy!
Bonus: Get creative! You can add just about anything to a hash. So add whatever you love, especially if it's more vegetables! And let me know how it turns out!