Looking for a protein packed, low carb breakfast option made with all real ingredients? Look no further! This breakfast is an easy combination of two of our existing recipes!
First, you'll need to make your Shredded Salsa Chicken in advance - it's a crockpot recipe that takes 4 hours.
Shredded Salsa Chicken
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (or whatever type of chicken you prefer)
- 1 jar of Salsa (I prefer Joe T Garcia's Medium Salsa)
- Place chicken breasts in crockpot.
- Pour 1 jar of salsa over top of the chicken, making sure it's all covered.
- Set crockpot on High for 4 hours.
- Live your life.
- Check the chicken at about 3.5 hours to see if it's done. (You'll know it's done when you can easily pull it apart with two forks.) If not, let it cook for the remaining 30 minutes.
- Shred the chicken and you're good to go!
- Store in refrigerator until ready to make breakfast.
When you're ready to make breakfast in the morning:
Shredded Salsa Chicken and Eggs:
- 3-6 oz Shredded Salsa Chicken (Depending entirely on how much you want to eat)
- 2 Eggs
- Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend
- Place shredded salsa chicken in a skillet or frying pan and turn on medium heat. Allow it to heat up for 2 - 4 minutes until warm.
- Add 2 eggs and scramble everything together. Heat until egg is cooked.
- Plate your food and top with Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend.
- Fuel yourself and have a fantastic day!