Summer is a great time to grill out and grilling out is one way to make meal prepping easier! This recipe is delicious, summery, and can help you get your fruit, veggies and meat all in one meal!
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1/2 tsp. minced Garlic
- 1/4 tsp. ground Ginger
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Tapioca Starch (or cornstarch)
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 2 pounds Chicken Breast (cut into cubes)
- 1 fresh Pineapple (or 1 can - cut into chunks)
- 1 red Bell Pepper (cut into chunks)
- 1 green Bell Pepper (cut into chunks)
- 1 Onion (cut into chunks)
- Skewers (metal or wooden)
To make sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil while stirring and then reduce the heat to low and let simmer for a few minutes, until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and let cool.
Place chicken pieces in a ziplock bag or glass container and add the sauce. Let marinade for at least 30 minutes (the longer it sits, the better - a few hours to overnight is great).
Soak wooden skewers in water or cover metal skewers with oil before assembling kabob ingredients. Once chicken has finished marinading, assemble kabobs. Alternate chicken, pineapple, bell peppers, and onion.
Once kabobs are built, place them on the preheated grill. Let them cook, turning them occasionally, until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
Serve with cauliflower rice and a dash more of coconut aminos (or soy sauce) and enjoy!